Need title page and 9 sources in total. Need works cited page separate.
Topic Background: In August 1997 The Kyoto Protocol was drawn up. The Kyoto Protocol is supposed to reduce the emissions of the six greenhouse gases. Once The Kyoto Protocol is signed by a country, it legally binds the nation to reduce emissions of these greenhouse gases by an average of 5.2% below their 1990 levels over the first five year period, from 2008 to 2012. As of January 28th 2003 almost all of the industrialized countries have signed The Kyoto Protocol. The United States of America pulled out of The Kyoto Protocol in March 2001. This almost destroyed The Kyoto Protocol. However, July 2001 a compromised scaled-down version of The Kyoto Protocol was created but President Bush has stated that the US will never sign The Kyoto Protocol.
Issues to address in Kyoto Protocol paper.
1. What will the economic effects of The Kyoto Protocol be for countries that did or did not sign it?
2. Why didn’t President Bush want to sign The Kyoto Protocol?
3. What would the economic effects have been to the US if Bush had signed the Kyoto
4. What public policies will have to be changed if the US decides to sign The Kyoto Protocol?
What effect will these policies have?
The Kyoto Protocol
• UN Convention – Kyoto Protocol https://unfccc.int/
Policy Papers on the Kyoto Protocol
• UN – Understanding Climate Changes: A beginner’s guide to the UN Framework Convention and its Kyoto Protocol
• David Suzuki – Economics and the Kyoto Protocol
• Energy Information Administration – Assessment of Economic Impact: Summary of the Kyoto Report
• ACCF – Costs and Benefits of Greenhouse Gas Reduction
Journal Articles on the Kyoto Protocol
• The New Cultural Imperialism: The Greens and Economic Development – Deepak Lal. University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Economics Working Paper: 814 (November 2000)
• The Economics of a Lost Deal: Kyoto-The Hague-Marrakesh – Jean-Charles Hourcade, Frederic Ghersi. Energy Journal v23, n3 (2002): 1-26
• The Role of Economics in Climate Change Policy – Warwick J. McKibbin, Peter J. Wilcoxen, Journal of Economic Perspectives v16, n2 (Spring 2002): 107-29
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!