- Job Analysis. This week, I’d like to hear from you what techniques are out there to develop a good JA, specifically how does HR go about developing a JA and what legal implications are there that they need to watch out for.
- Class, open your textbook, start digging and doing some research – assume when you answer this question that you are HR, and you’re been tasked with asking *questions* to either create or update a Job Analysis (JA), what type of questions should you ask and why?
- Let’s start with the various job analysis techniques. What factors affect the job analysis method chosen by an employer?
- Would an employer’s unique business type and environment affect the method chosen? How?
- What issues can affect the accuracy of a KSA collection?
- How can these be overcome? Are there special issues or concerns when it comes to discovering the employee behaviors that are required in the position?
Class -what specific interview questions would you ask a candidate applying for a waiter job – that will give you some insight into the needed KSAs for a waiter (see list below)?
I would like to see 2-3 interview questions you develop using the KSAs below for the waiter position.
Let’s get creative and have fun – remember your employment law as well (questions to avoid asking)!