International Political Economy of China
Please write an essay to address ONE of the following questions. For 20 credits (T13320), the essay main text can be up to 3,500 words. For 10 credits (T13324), the essay can be up to 3,000 words. The above word limits excludes the bibliography and includes referencing. Due to the length limit the essay for 10 credits may be devoted to a few selected and critical aspects/issues concerning the question. Please give a word count with and without the referencing/bibliography. Please relate to international political economy of mainland China in the post-1978 period. With a strong justification and prior approval you can select another topic closely related to the lectures.
1. Name one or two of the most serious challenges faced by China nowadays with regard to its international political economy China confronts nowadays. Discuss the international political and international economic causes for the challenge(s) as well as the international political and international economic implications of the challenge(s).
2. “China’s oil diplomacy (or its stance on climate change) is irresponsible and is detrimental to the world.” Discuss and state whether you are discussing oil or climate change diplomacy.
3. Discuss the following implications of China’s greater role in international political economy for ONE of the following aspects–1) global governance; 2) the global or regional order; 3) global or regional political economy. Feel free to focus on one or two major cases, policies, or initiatives of China in the post-1992 period.
4. To what extent is China’s greater role in international political economy an opportunity or threat for the world?
5. (Available to those of you who have not written on the impact of domestic political economy on international political economy of China in the short essay) Using one post-1992 period (such as under Jiang’s or Xi’s leadership, or one of their policies) as a case discuss how domestic political economy interacts with the international political economy in China.
6. Which model of development is more sustainable, India’s or China’s? Why is the other module is problematic? Explain.
7. To what extent are the different economic reform outcomes in China and Russia (or plus Eastern Europe) due to the pace of reform?
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!