English 1B Presentation
Assignment: Create a 7-10 minute video presentation in which you:
1) Provide an overview of the controversy/issue you’re researching
2) Provide a brief introduction to the amendment that relates to the issue
3) Discuss what inspired you to choose this topic and why it’s interesting or important
4) Summarize and evaluate a useful outside source or two you’ve found
5) Share progress and problems on your research paper.
Things to include in the presentation (in any order)
• A quotation that you like and that represents the topic
• The controversy/issue that you are analyzing
• Interesting information on your topic
• Your research paper’s thesis statement
• Progress on the research paper and where you’ll go from here
• 1-2 source evaluations??sources that are either worth quoting in your essay or that have usefulness for your project. Summarize these sources and provide a detailed evaluation of their relevancy, comprehensiveness, and credibility.
Some questions you should address in your source evaluation include??but are not limited to??the following:
• Who is the author/publisher of this source, and why might that be a significant factor in the source’s credibility and usefulness?
• What other credentials of the author or publication convince you that this is a credible source?
• What are this source’s strengths (e.g. its relevancy, comprehensiveness, and credibility)?
• What are this source’s weaknesses (e.g. its relevancy, comprehensiveness, and credibility), if any?
• Do you plan on using this source in your argument? Why or why not?
Other Information (IMPORTANT)
• PowerPoints should not have more than about 25 words per slide.
• Use large font, 24-36pt.
• Do not type whole sentences or paragraphs on slides. (The required quote is the exception.)
• Use bullet points, but not more that 5 per slide
• Then talk in more detail about your bullet points (most information should be conveyed with your voice, not text).
• Use images instead of text when possible.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!