Counseling chemical dependency adolescents /overview of issue
Write a 500 to 750 word reaction paper on the social norms approach to alcohol and other drug abuse prevention on college and university campuses. This paper is an exercise in critical thinking about prevention
Be sure to use at least two resources to support your reaction. You may use the assigned readings as resources for your paper or you may use other resources (other than Wikipedia) if you like.
In your paper, be sure to address the following:
Describe the effect on the youth category of campus substance abuse.
Is there a path new substance abusers take as they continue to abuse substances?
Topic: Overview of Issues Concerning Adolescence
1. Module 1 Lecture
Read the Module 1 Lecture.
Module 1 Lecture0
1. A Social Norms Approach to Preventing Binge Drinking at Colleges and Universities
Haines, M. P. (1996). A social norms approach to preventing binge drinking at colleges and universities. Newton, MA: The Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention.
2. An Overview of the Social Norms Approach
Berkowitz, A. D. (2005). An overview of the social norms approach. In L. C. Lederman and L. P. Stewart (Eds.), Changing the culture of college drinking (pp. 193-215). Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, Inc.
3. Drug Policy Protecting Youth
Review the articles under the Protecting Youth section of the Drug Policy.org website to learn more about key youth issues related to drug use and abuse.
4. From Boys to Men: Rediscovering Rites of Passage
Bliss, J., & Helfand, I. (2000). From boys to men: Rediscovering rites of passage. Soulawakening.
5. From a Glass Half Empty to a Glass Half Full: A Review of the Transition From Deficit to Strength-Based Approaches
Utesch, W. (2005). From a glass half empty to a glass half full: A review of the transition from deficit to strength-based approaches.
6. Protective Factors Can Buffer High-Risk Youths From Drug Use
Mathias, R. (1996). Protective factors can buffer high-risk youths from drug use. NIDA Notes, 11(3).
7. TIP 31: Screening and Assessing Adolescents for Substance Use Disorders: Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 31 (Chapters 1 and 2)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (1999). TIP 31: Screening and assessing adolescents for substance use disorders: Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 31 (Chapters 1 and 2). Chapters 1 and 2 are available under the Contents menu at the bottom of the NCBI webpage.
1. Risk Factors Leading to Adolescent Substance Abuse
Beman, D. S. (1995) Risk factors leading to adolescent substance abuse. Adolescence, 20(117), p. 201-208.
1. Alan Berkowitz, Ph.D.
Review Dr. Alan Berkowitz’s website.
2. Alcohol, Drug, and Tobacco Study Group.
Review the Alcohol, Drug, and Tobacco Study Group website.
3. Council on Spiritual Practices
Review the Council on Spiritual Practices website.
4. National Social Norms Institute
Review the National Social Norms Institute website.
5. Office of Applied Studies of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
Review the Office of Applied Studies of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂