1. Define Modernism and discuss its causes. How does Modernism differ from earlier traditional forms of art? Why would Impressionism be considered the first Modern Art movement?
2. What made Abstract Expressionism a significant departure from earlier forms of Modern painting? What was it about Abstract Expressionism that caused it to be the first truly American style and led to the center of the ‘art world’ shifting from Paris to New York?
3. List and explain at least three causes of the Italian Renaissance.
4. In what ways could the Rococo and Modernism both be considered as forms of Mannerism?
5. Describe the differences between Protestant (post-Reformation) art work and that done in the Catholic nations of southern Europe after 1520. Provide examples.
6. Describe the impact of “revolutions” on art. Give examples.
7. Describe three cases in which world events had a clear effect upon the art produced.
8. Describe three results of the Armory Show in 1913.
9. Trace the changes in the subject matter of art from the days of the French Academy to the present.
10. What are the essential components of Post-Structuralism (Postmodernism). What is it about Post-modern art that distinguishes it from Modernism?
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!